Main > Product > Packages
The DC magnetic (magnetostatic) module may be used for analysis of problems, which require calculation of static magnetic fields caused by combination of local and/or distributed direct currents, permanent magnets and also external fields defined by boundary conditions. DC magnetics is similar to AC magnetics in the where the current frequency is low enough for the problem to be considered static. But unlike AC Magnetic, DC Magnetic module allows inclusion into the field model any number of non-linear magnetic materials and permanent magnets with known coercive force.
The DC magnetic module is used for design and analysis of devices such as solenoids, electric motors, magnetic shields, permanent magnets, disk drives, and so forth.
Features of the DC magnetic module:
- Materials: linear and nonlinear permeabilities
- Special utility for editing B-H curves
- Permanent magnets with linear or nonlinear demagnetization curves
- Distributed and concentrated currents
- Dirichlet or Neumann boundary conditions
- Special approximation functions for axisymmetric formulations that provide high precision near the axis of rotation
- Results: magnetic flux density, field intensity, potential, permeability, energy, self and mutual inductances, magnetic forces, torques, and other integral quantities
- Couplings: the magnetic forces can be used for stress analysis on any existing part (magneto-structural coupling); magnetic state import from one DC Magnetic problem to another.
See examples of DC magnetic problems:
Inductance of a pair of concentric cylinders
Coil's magnetic field
Coils mutual inductance
Non-linear permanent magnet
Synchronous motor with high temperature superconductor