Programming with QuickField
QuickField is known as one of the most effective and user-friendly FEA codes. But it is also a very efficient platform for developing the custom engineering applications, utilizing QuickField FEA engine. These applications can be written in almost any modern program language, such as Visual Basic, Visual C, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications is a part of Microsoft Office), scripting technology like Tcl/Tk or higher level simulation systems like MATLAB – and the algorithms implemented there may create or modify QuickField FEA models and use their simulation results.
There are two main ways of arranging the interaction between QuickField core and other programs: low level QuickField Object Model (called ActiveField), and high level Parametric interface (using the LabelMover utility). Object model and parametric interfaces together provide complete set of functionality, allowing QuickField users to:
- Automate repetitive tasks.
- Automate parameterized geometry definition for specific model classes.
- Automate specific results calculation.
- Use QuickField field simulation as a part of more complicated task.
- Use QuickField together with Microsoft Office, MATLAB, AutoCAD and other specific tools for solving particular task in the common development environment
Video: QuickField Object Model (ActiveField).
QuickField Object Model (ActiveField).